Monday 6 December 2004

Actual Reality?

I woke up at some unearthly hour this morning, and feeling tired, I reset the alarm clock and went back to sleep. I then woke up a bit later on and got up and was getting ready to go to work when the alarm clock actually went off and I really woke up for the first time.

Atleast I think I did. What if this entire day has just been some strange dream and in actual fact it is still sunday night/monday morning and I still have a full day at work to do?. How would I know the difference?. Does it make much difference either way. Probably not, but you never know.

I had another dream the night before that was very clear and rememberable. It was also the kind of dream where you wake up briefly and then are able to drift back off to sleep and re-enter the same dream. This one was one where I was lost in a big hotel, and I could not find my room. I remember walking up and down stairs, round balconies asking directions and then getting lost again and running down endless corridors, even ending up outside at one point trying to find whether there was another building I could get into.

I eventually ended up in a pub wrapped in my duvet without having ever got back to the room.

It probably means something really significant, but I can't fathom it out. Answers on a post card.

2 comments:

1 i z said...

Last night I had a bizarre dream (I rarely remember them), in which...well basically I ended up in a pub with Prince and the two of us entered a pub quiz.

Can't remember if we did ok or not, all I can remember is turning around to confer with him and everytime being struck by how diminutive he was.

Oh and he had one of those black hair band things on he sometimes wears...

So what the hell does that mean guys? I don't even like Prince!

Shaun said...

I think it signifies a lake of dietary choclate cake. I prescribe a minimum of two a week to alleviate the symptoms....