Saturday 30 October 2004

Grrrr Postmen

The post office have decided to introduce some new features to the mail delivery. The "great" thing about the post round here is that it seems to get delivered now sometime after 12pm, instead of just before 9am like it used to. Not really a problem as I am out at work so its still all there when I get back in afterwards.

However the only day of the week when they do manage to deliver the post bright and early is saturday morning when it comes at about 7.30am. Or in other words, my day off, when I was sleeping in having been out for a curry the night before. Grrrrrrrrr.

To make it worse, it wasn't even for me, but a box for the neighbours who were away.......

And don't even get me started on the fifteen items of junk mail leaflets that he pushed through beforehand. I signed up to the do-not-send-me-junk-mail list and I get nothing addressed to me any more. All of it is stuck through the letterbox as "specially hand delivered by the postoffice" and not addressed to anyone in particular. I was tempted to shove it into the postmans "letter box" but he had a close escape.

All I can say is its a good job its bonfire week

No comments: