Wednesday 10 November 2004

Home is where there is nothing to do

Its official, I live in the least uk's least cultured town or borough.

I have to agree with the surveys view as well, we have the lowest culture density in the UK. No theatre (not that I would go to a theatre if there was one mind), no cinema (which I would use), only one museem (about Silk of all things).

On the bright side, we do have lots of trees, open spaces, proper countryside right outside the window, as much fresh air as we want all the time, no parking nightmares, or bad traffic jams, so its not so bad really.

3 comments:

1 i z said...

You have Noddy Holder and they say you have no culture?!?!?

On the other hand it's funny how one person's compliment "it's like a litlle piece of Surry in the north West", would be another person's idea of a damning insult...

How on earth do you survive without a cinema?

Stick said...

I daresay that if it's legal to indulge in hedge laying and you can even get instructions in the art, who needs a cinema!

Shaun said...

Liz, I travel, or don't watch many films. The lack of live music is more of a pain. I guess I could go into the big smoke to see bands, but my hearing was begining to suffer many years of abuse from outrageously loud heavy metal bands so its probably best if I steer clear to some extent.