Wednesday 24 November 2004

This blogger has the flu

I don't know whether it is a combination of the late nights and alcohol or sleeping in the coldest bunk room, but I have gone down with the flu. This is only the fourth time I've been out of bed since monday, and I'm not sure if its a good idea yet. Oh well.

Had a great time at Dalesbridge with all the other ops people last weekend. It was really good to catch up with every one and share experiences of the festival again. It seems like ages since we were all there but its only been a couple of months really. Still its reassuring to learn that many of my friends were experiencing the same kinds of emotions and concerns, and finding new ways to expand and learn from those shared thoughts. Some of the best bits were watching everybody play with the stress carrot whislt sharing.

Oh and we won the quiz too. So it just goes to show that all those evenings in watching Big Brother were worth it afterall Liz

Now I am just left with the sadness of it being another five months until we all get the chance to meet up again in another part of the country.

5 comments:

1 i z said...

Sorry to hear you're not so well Shaun. Hope you get better soon (in the meantime I promise to avoid all jokes involving enquiries as to whether you feel a little horse...).

No doubt late night drinking didn't help - blame George (it works for the rest of us!).

Take it easy and get well soon.

Liz (who doesn't really watch crap TV - honest!)

Shaun said...

I think its unfair to blame George for the flu (unless she had flu), so I won't :). I think the combination of a cold bunk room, late nights and the odd beer are more likely. I feel better today, and will go to work tomorrow. :(

Stuart said...

No I go with Liz, blame George its always worked for me in the past;-) So if then if you have been a little horse but you are going back to work your condition must now be stable he he he

Shaun said...

Groan

Shaun said...

I'm not planning on attending the W+P weekend so its going to have to wait till april or another curry night somewhere.

Don't blame yourself for the cold bunk room. We chose not to switch the heating in there on, or didn't notice it on the wall, so its all self inflicted. Besides, I didn't feel cold at all whilst in there.

Anyway I'm better now...